In partnership with the COP26 presidency, policymakers and experts examine the interrelationship between gender equality and climate action, and highlight innovative examples of policy and practice…
The UNDP NDC Support Programme is hosting a webinar series on mainstreaming gender equality within NDCs. This first session will focus on how to conduct an in-depth gender analysis, showcasing the work undertaken in Ghana as an example. Join this webinar to get a better understanding from UNDP experts and government representatives of what makes up a comprehensive analysis, the relevance of this exercise to decision makers, and what opportunities the findings create for governments as they integrate gender equality considerations within NDC programming.
Introduction: Ms. Verania Chao, NDC Support Programme, UNDP
- Ms. Barbora Galvankova, Gender Team, UNDP - to discuss on the importance of and elements within an in-depth gender analysis
- Dr. Antwi-Boasiako Amoah, Environmental Protection Agency, Ghana - to discuss the relevant findings from Ghana's analysis and provide a few examples of what the government has learned from this analysis
- Ms. Sabia Kpekata, Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection, Ghana - to discuss the role of the Ministry of Gender in their capacity to ensure gender is well-integrated into the sectors within the NDCs and what the opportunities and challenges are that the Ministry of Gender needs to address to support this process
- Gender Analysis- Mainstreaming Gender Equality in NDC(s)- Barbora Galvankova
- Relevance of Key Findings from GH-NDC Gender Analysis- Dr. Antwi-Boasiako Amoah
- The Role of the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection in Integrating Gender into the GH-NDCs- Ms. Sabia Kpekata
The climate action grants will focus on women and youth-led innovative technology solutions with high impacts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, contribute to NDC implementation and sustainable…
This webinar will be the fifth in a series on mainstreaming gender equality within NDCs that the UNDP NDC Support Programme is organizing in collaboration with several partners.
The UNDP NDC Support Programme and FAO-UNDP “Integrating Agriculture in National Adaptation Plans” (NAP-Ag) Programme are co-organizing a webinar on mainstreaming gender in adaptation planning for the…