The climate action grants will focus on women and youth-led innovative technology solutions with high impacts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, contribute to NDC implementation and sustainable…
The UNDP NDC Support Programme is hosting a webinar series on mainstreaming gender equality within NDCs. This first session will focus on how to conduct an in-depth gender analysis, showcasing the work undertaken in Ghana as an example. Join this webinar to get a better understanding from UNDP experts and government representatives of what makes up a comprehensive analysis, the relevance of this exercise to decision makers, and what opportunities the findings create for governments as they integrate gender equality considerations within NDC programming.
Introduction: Ms. Verania Chao, NDC Support Programme, UNDP
- Ms. Barbora Galvankova, Gender Team, UNDP - to discuss on the importance of and elements within an in-depth gender analysis
- Dr. Antwi-Boasiako Amoah, Environmental Protection Agency, Ghana - to discuss the relevant findings from Ghana's analysis and provide a few examples of what the government has learned from this analysis
- Ms. Sabia Kpekata, Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection, Ghana - to discuss the role of the Ministry of Gender in their capacity to ensure gender is well-integrated into the sectors within the NDCs and what the opportunities and challenges are that the Ministry of Gender needs to address to support this process
- Gender Analysis- Mainstreaming Gender Equality in NDC(s)- Barbora Galvankova
- Relevance of Key Findings from GH-NDC Gender Analysis- Dr. Antwi-Boasiako Amoah
- The Role of the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection in Integrating Gender into the GH-NDCs- Ms. Sabia Kpekata
This webinar will be the fifth in a series on mainstreaming gender equality within NDCs that the UNDP NDC Support Programme is organizing in collaboration with several partners.
The UNDP NDC Support Programme and FAO-UNDP “Integrating Agriculture in National Adaptation Plans” (NAP-Ag) Programme are co-organizing a webinar on mainstreaming gender in adaptation planning for the…