The Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) update process presents a unique opportunity to strengthen the integration of gender equality. This checklist provides a guide on key gender elements that…
The UNDP NDC Support Programme is hosting a webinar series on mainstreaming gender equality within Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs). The second session will focus on gender data and indicators in the NDC process, showcasing various country examples. Join this webinar to understand the practical value of gender data and indicators to achieve development outcomes. You may view the first session held on conducting a gender analysis here.
The session will be held on Thursday, January 31 at 9am EST.
- Ms. Verania Chao, NDC Support Programme, UNDP- Introduction
- Ms. Cate Owren, Senior Gender Programme Manager, Global Gender Office, IUCN - to discuss on the relevance of sex-disaggregated data and gender-climate change/environment information and the enabling conditions needed to overcome data gaps
- Ms. Carolina Rivera, Research Analyst, Human Development Report Office, UNDP - to discuss the process of developing gender indicators relevant to NDC-related development outcomes
- Ms. Adriana Oropeza, Technical Coordinator of Sociodemographic Information and Ms. Jesarela López, Director of Analysis and Management of the Subsystem, National Institute of Statistics and Geography (INEGI), Mexico - to provide the country example from Mexico on the process of collecting and utilizing data and developing indicators with relation to gender and climate change/ environment
- Gender and Climate Change: From Indicators to Policy Design - Ms. Carolina Rivera
- Gender and Environment Statistics in Mexico: Results of the Pilot Project - Ms. Adriana Oropeza and Ms. Jesarela López
The Bhutan Gender Analysis explores the gender differentiated impacts of climate change by looking at gender inequalities between gender groups, in relation to their access to resources,…
Kenya undertook an in-depth Gender Analysis to ensure that gender responsive actions are identified, planned, budgeted for and implemented as part of mainstreaming gender into Kenya’s NDC.
Trinidad and Tobago undertook a Gender Analysis to analyze the local context to identify gender issues and opportunities that will support the mainstreaming of gender into climate action.…