The Asia Pacific Regional Dialogue: Turning Climate Promise into Inclusive Action, takes place from 23 - 25 March 2021. It aims to facilitate knowledge sharing, good practices and lessons learnt on…
The Regional Dialogue on Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) for Asia & the Arab States, which is co-organised by the UN Development Programme (UNDP) and the Secretariat of UN Climate Change (UNFCCC), in coordination with the NDC Partnership, seeks to advance the exchange of knowledge and ideas on the implementation of country climate targets for the Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
The conference is hosted in partnership with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment of the Royal Government of Thailand and is made possible through the support from the European Union and the Governments of Germany, Japan and Norway.
The Dialogue is part of a series which was launched in 2014 to provide a forum for peer-to-peer exchange on the design of intended NDCs, before transitioning to address issues of NDC implementation.
- Exchange emerging good practice and experiences on how countries are aligning NDC and SDG processes;
- Identify approaches / strategies / ideas for raising ambition and identify NDC implementation processes that support long-term development strategies, the adaptation-mitigation nexus and climate resilience;
- Identify priorities and action points to move NDC implementation forward;
- Improve understanding of financial tools, private sector incentives, and investment drivers;
- Identify solutions and practical approaches to address barriers to climate finance; and investments in clean energy;
- Identify appetite for ongoing regional conversation and leadership to drive forward;
- Introduce gender considerations for NDC implementation and investments in the energy sector.
At the end of the NDC Dialogue participants will have:
- Identified new ideas or good NDC implementation practices to apply in own country;
- Identified options for raising ambition, aligning NDC implementation processes with long-term development strategies, the SDGs, the adaptation-mitigation nexus and climate resilience;
- Articulated priorities and action points to advance NDC implementation;
- Learned about financial and fiscal tools applied to specific country settings;
- Shared challenges or peer recommendations on climate finance and investments in clean energy
- Where are we? - Ms. Fan Xing, China
- Where do we want to go? - Ms. Hershey Tapia Dela Cruz, Ms. Sandee Recabar, Mr. Macario Torres Jusayan and Ms. Mary Jane Arellano Alvarez, Philippines (country case)
- How do we get there? Routes to investing in clean or efficient energy solutions - Solar Energy Solutions - Mr. Shuaib Ali Abdullah Al-Zaghir, Yemen (country case contributor)
- How do we get there? Routes to investing in clean or efficient energy solutions - Wind and River Hydro Solutions - Ms. Bethany Speer, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)/LEDS Global Partnership
- How do we get there? Routes to investing in clean or efficient energy solutions - Wind and River Hydro Solutions - Ms.Tegshjargal Bumtsend, Mongolia (country case contributor)
- How do we get there? Routes to investing in clean or efficient energy solutions - Energy Efficiency in Buildings - Mr. Tran Thuc, Viet Nam
- How do we get there? Routes to investing in clean or efficient energy solutions - Energy Efficiency in Industry - Mr. Manuel Soriano, UNDP
- Enabling environment for unlocking investments - Policy and Regulations - Ms. Bethany Speer, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)/LEDS Global Partnership
- Enabling environment for unlocking investments - Technology Transfers - Mr. Jung-Hwan Kim, Green Climate Fund (GCF)
IRENA in conjunction with the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and UK COP26 are hosting the webinar “Advancing the Energy Transition in Latin America and the Caribbean…
The objective of this session, co-organized with UNDP as part of the UNFCCC Climate Dialogues, is to showcase country efforts to enhance their NDCs and put climate at the heart of their recovery…
This session will highlight how multi-stakeholder alliances are driving collaboration and commitment to both an immediate green recovery and long-term climate action. Leaders from Europe, Asia, North…