UNDP in collaboration with the Ugandan Climate Change Department/Ministry of Water and Environment are launching a second call for proposals for registered grassroots community-based groups, NGOs, and CSOs.
The climate action grants will focus on women and youth-led innovative technology solutions with high impacts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, contribute to NDC implementation and sustainable development. Preference will be given to proposals that demonstrate climate solutions which integrate local communities, particularly women and youth projects at grass/local or local levels.
The grants will amount to between US$ 8,000 to US$ 10,000 (UGX 29,000,000/= to 37,000,000/=) per project, which need to be implemented within 12 months (one year) from the receipt of the grants.
Climate action grants were created by UNDP and Uganda's Climate Change Department/Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE) under the NDC support Programme to support mitigation and adaptation actions. In the first call, six organizations were awarded climate action grants last year.
Proposed interventions must be in line with Uganda’s NDC priority sectors:
- Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency
- Waste Management
- Climate Smart Agriculture
- Water resource management
- Water conservation
Priority will be given to proposals that respond to the following criteria:
- Projects that invest in climate change mitigation and adaptation technologies by contributing to NDC implementation and those that demonstrate solutions to address climate change impacts
- Organizations that are implementing ongoing climate projects that are facing financial challenges to expand or can demonstrate that a grant will leverage more substantial funding to implement activities
- Foster participation of women and youth in the implementation of climate actions
- Organizations, Civil Society Organizations, women or youth led initiatives that reach vulnerable groups of people and engage stakeholders that would not normally be involved in the more centralized project activities
DEADLINE: Wednesday 12th August, 2020; 17:00 hours – Kampala Time
SUBMISSION: Email application to email@example.com,
Attention: NDC Support Programme
APPLICATION INFORMATION: VISIT HERE >>>>
The NDC Support Programme is implemented by Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Water and Environment/Climate Change Department (MWE/CCD), with funding by the European Union and the governments of Germany and Spain as a contribution to the NDC Partnership, and technical support from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). The Responsible Parties of the project include National Planning Authority (NPA), Ministry of Finance Planning and Economic Development (MOFPED) and the Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU).