Investment and Financial Flows assessments
- Knowledge platform www.undpcc.org launched in 4 languages, includes methodology & training material, completed assessments, as well as analyses of the climate negotiations, a publications database with about 1200 documents in various languages.
- All 19 countries have strengthened their capacity to participate in the UNFCCC process and raised awareness of the linkages between international and national climate policies through National Inter-Ministerial Dialogues.
- 15 of these countries also completed assessments of the investments and financial flows in key sectors. Beyond assessing I&FF, each country has completed a series of activities in which the I&FF assessments are embedded, including national inter-ministerial dialogues, trainings, consultations with Regional Centres of Excellence, among others.
- 55 National Issues Papers were prepared across all participating countries by national experts explaining selection of key sectors, main approaches to adress climate change, as well as outlining main institutional considerations and potential barriers for the I&FF assessments. The issue papers have been created at the beginning of the project process and served as entry points for the following I&FF assessments.
- Nearly 3,000 participants attended the National Inter-Ministerial Dialogues in all countries to both kick off - and later present- the I&FF assessments, improve understanding of the international climate negotiations, and understanding potential sources of climate finance. Featured topics were adaptation, mitigation, finance, technology transfer, as well as land-use, land-use change and forestry.
- More than 520 national experts have been trained in 19 countries on the I&FF methodology by the Regional Centres of Excellence and UNDP, preparing the national teams to conduct their own assessments.
- 47 sectoral I&FF assessments conducted in 17 countries analyzing 5 key questions.
Five Key Questions for IF&F Assessments
- What are the main adaptation and mitigation measures for the selected sectors in the next 25 years?
- Who is investing in the sector?
- Who are the main stakeholders and sources?
- What changes or increase in I&FF will be needed in the sectors?
- What additional I&FF are needed to address climate change?
|Africa||Asia & Pacific||Arab States|| Europe & Central Asia
Having completed the I&FF assessment, enhanced Bangladesh capacity to discuss the costs of climate change in the international climate change negotiations.
Colombia's IF&F assessment focused on the agricultural sector, to support efficient planning of mitigation and adaptation measures required to address climate change.